I love Christmas! Everything about it; food, family, films, jumpers- you name it, I love it! This year I haven’t been able to unwind and get as excited for Christmas as I had in previous years,for a number of reasons, but I’m happy to say that I am now feeling very merry indeed.
There is an awful lot of terrible stuff going on in the world right now, which I’m sure you’re all aware of, and it has really made me reflect on how lucky I am and how blessed I’ve been this year. Obviously being a Brit we don’t have Thanksgiving, so I’d like to take this opportunity to say how thankful I am for all the great things in my life, particularly those that have happened in the past year. Here’s just a few I’d like to mention:
- The love and support from my family and friends. Obviously the most important thing here; without this I really wouldn’t be able to do very much at all. Thank you all!
- To have a place at a drama school studying what I love and want to do, with tutors that really care about the students. I still can’t get over how lucky I am
- To be part of (in my opinion!) one of the most supportive communities out there- the running community! Any question I have, I can fire it off on #ukrunchat on twitter and know that several people will rush to help, whether it’s recommendations for a GPS watch or advice about getting an earphone unstuck from an office chair’s wheel (don’t ask…)
- To live somewhere with such a wide variety of parkrun courses accessible to me! Living in London, there are so many within a commutable distance of me (though I generally only go to my local one because of time constraints), but many people live too far from one to run regularly, so I am extremely fortunate
- To have readers that take the time to read these posts, even when I feel anxious and worry that I’ve written the most awful drivel. I can’t thank you enough, it means so much to me!
Merry Christmas to all of you out there and once again, thank you!